Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Delegates' Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Committee will determine which applicants will receive financial assistance.
To be eligible for a Delegate Scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of the 8th Legislative District. -Be accepted/enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a Maryland College or University.
- Submit the completed application to our Annapolis office before March 31st.
- Provide a copy of your most recent transcript.
-Provide a letter of interest indicating your educational background, the course of study you plan to pursue, and a brief explanation of why you should receive a Delegate Scholarship.
*The letter should be printed or typed on one sheet of paper consisting of no more than 350 words.
REMEMBER, FAILURE TO INCLUDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN DELAY AND POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
You may be aware that there are other sources of financial aid available to students who are continuing their education. There is a toll free number to learn more about federal aid programs, 1.800.4-FEDAID. You may also dial the Maryland Higher Education Commission's Automated Telephone Service for information about state-sponsored financial aid programs 410.260.4565, if applying for state-sponsored financial assistance.
Again, I commend you for continuing your education. The Scholarship Committee makes the final decisions and applicants that are chosen for a Delegate Scholarship will be contacted during the months of June/July.
Eric M. Bromwell
Please Read Carefully
- Delegate Scholarship Applications* are accepted each year between January 1st and March 31.
- Delegate Scholarships are non-renewable. You must reapply each year.
- You must be a resident of District 8 and planning to attend a Maryland School to be eligible for Delegate Bromwell's Scholarship. *Exceptions may apply.
- To determine if your place of residence is located in District 8: Please go to http://mlis.state.md.us and click on find a legislator.
- Based on the number of applicants, undergraduate students may be given preference over graduate students.
- Please fill out application neatly and completely*.
- Please enclose all (3) required papers in one mailing envelope. (Transcript, letter of interest, and application*)
*To download a word version of the application click here
Please mail to:
Delegate Eric M. Bromwell
Attn: Scholarship Committee
241 Lowe House Office Building
Annapolis, Maryland 21401